Using Log Burner for heating water

Sponsored Links
The SCWS requires that you have mains cold supply to the property. Properties using water butts or wells are not suitable.

~~~~ connected to the mains cold feed and the other to a suitable drain

This could be vey hot water that comes out of the coil so the drain has to be suitable to deal safely with quantities of very hot water that may be at mains pressure.

Also the mains water supply has to be a reliable supply and not one that involves a water board pump that is depenedent on the local electricty supply. The available flow rate has to be high enough to remove the heat from the coil.

Thank you for this, I have tested my flow rate and it is 25L/min and the manufacture seems to he happy with this.

I live in a detached cottage so discharge outside is no issue here.

But does your water supply come to you by gravity from a water tower or elevated reservoir?

Or from a pumping station supplied by the local mains supply?

Sponsored Links
In 20 years I have never once turned on the cold tap to not have water come out. So not sure this is worth worrying about.

Many Thanks Though

We do need to point this out to you as its your own house which would be at risk.

Potentially could invalidate household insurance !

You could ask water supplier if your mains water is likely to be interrupted if there is a mains outage.

Tony

The cylinder manufacturer should be consulted to e sure they are happy with what's connected to it. The who install must meet part J,L and G of building regs.

Thank you, I am reaching out to find someone to come and have a look, etc. Now is a great time, as cottage is stripped back to solid stone, before any insulation or 1st fix, so planning locations is key now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back