Vailant eco tech pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed my first one of these and it dosent seem to want to go into heating mode. Sparkies came in and sorted the wiring out but there has since been a vailant time clock added.... Now when the boiler is switched on and there is demand for heat at the central heating it does nothing..No fault code no nothing.. I set it to test and heating works just fine.. Demand for hot water and again the boiler works just fine.. It will not fire under central heating demand at the time clock either.. Im sure this is something very simple and wonder if any you guys have come across this. Before anyone jumps on the gas safe band wagon I got my number 2 weeks ago so yes i am registered but still a bit wet behind the ears with certain boilers.
As a note when i hit - + simultaneously the heating fires for approx 15 mins.

Sponsored Links
When you say a vaillant timeclock - I presume the 130 (analogue mech clock) that clips into the front panel?

Is there an external roomstat - the switched connection from that should be wired to terminals 3 & 4 on main PCB connector. If no stat 3 & 4 should be bridge with link.

If above is as should be, check multiplug on timer - pop timer out of front panel and check connection.

sparks came in and sorted the wiring out!!! ??

two core + earth supply and two core room stat - hardly rocket science!!

power to LNE and room stat to 3&4 that is all that is required check what has been done

removing time clock will make the boiler a constant heat on / hot water model.

pressing -+ together takes you to 1st diagnostic level and d.O should be displayed

One assumes or hopes that if he only got his Gas Safe refistration just two weeks ago that he is working for some firm who will have an experienced person who can help to sort it out?

Tony

Sponsored Links
One assumes or hopes that if he only got his Gas Safe refistration just two weeks ago that he is working for some firm who will have an experienced person who can help to sort it out?

Tony

In other words you havent got a clue :LOL:

Experience there !!!

sparks came in and sorted the wiring out!!! ??

two core + earth supply and two core room stat - hardly rocket science!!

power to LNE and room stat to 3&4 that is all that is required check what has been done

removing time clock will make the boiler a constant heat on / hot water model.

pressing -+ together takes you to 1st diagnostic level and d.O should be displayed

Tried removing time clock mate but to no avail boiler fires on central heating demand then off it pops again with no fault code. HW works fine as does the CH in test mode as i went throught the tests whilst commissioning. Ill re-check sparkies work in the morning but im not allowed touch it really as it contracted out by the council.

When you say a vaillant timeclock - I presume the 130 (analogue mech clock) that clips into the front panel?

Is there an external roomstat - the switched connection from that should be wired to terminals 3 & 4 on main PCB connector. If no stat 3 & 4 should be bridge with link.

If above is as should be, check multiplug on timer - pop timer out of front panel and check connection.

Did read this in in the installation instructions and is the reason i mentioned the clock.. Yes its the standard analogue clock and no room stat. Boiler looks to be working just fine but there just seems no demand for heat on CH side ill give this a look tomorrow. Im pretty certain this is the issue but as i contract to the council i dont do any wiring on the boilers myself. Thanks for all your helpfull comments guys ( not you Agile <-still on his soapbox i see ;) ). Now ive done one of these ill know what to look for in the future.

all wired up correctly. when u turn the temp set on the boiler is the display going through the temps? had it before when the the dial has broke can be turned by using a small flat head on the pentomeiter. are all valves open daft question but it happens boiler and rads? have u checked the bypass and aav on boiler open, with the boiler off hold the i button and turn the power on th boiler will do a self purge try that. just a few random ideas

In other words you havent got a clue :LOL:

Experience there !!!

I have not been there and tested anything and you dont apparently have the nouse to check the status codes and see what the boiler thinks is happening.

Little wonder that without the most basic information I have not been given any clues and so I dont have any clues.

In front of a boiler I dont have any problem diagnosing faults !

Tony

lol it isnt a fault as stated the boilers working fine in diagnostics just not getting any demand for heat. Agile you didn't even reply to ME in your post so why even bother replying, your reply was not an attempt at help in any shape or form, just a mere excuse to climb on the soapbox (See below) . I may well have been fitting gas for a number of years (as i have) just not had any experience with this particular boiler. No hard feelings !

Tony

If the sparks have wired it up wrong there gonna be some banter knocking about as they chuckled away when it wouldn't fire on CH.. Wouldn't mind but I did leave the manual on the boiler but them boys are to clever for reading..

@ bellairaphon Yea the temp control switch is workin fine everything on the boiler is, its just not getting demand it's gotta be the 3-4 terminals not bridged that is the problem.. Guess it's the lekky boys first Vailant too... Everyday's a lesson

I may well have been fitting gas for a number of years (as i have)

Been fitting gas when you were not registered ???

If the sparks have wired it up wrong there gonna be some banter knocking about as they chuckled away when it wouldn't fire on CH.. Wouldn't mind but I did leave the manual on the boiler but them boys are to clever for reading..

Has it occured to you that they may have intentionally wired it so there is no call for heat?

You seem very reluctant to even look at 3+4 to see if its linked ( or to link it on test if not ).

The one thing you need to learn is that 99% of electricians have no idea about how to wire up boiler controls.

About 90% of RGIs do know how to wire up boilers. It always surprises me that 100% dont seem to know that.

If you dont have basic electrical/electronics knowledge then you have no chance of identifying any boiler faults.

Tony

I may well have been fitting gas for a number of years (as i have)

Been fitting gas when you were not registered ???

Has it occured to you that they may have intentionally wired it so there is no call for heat?

You seem very reluctant to even look at 3+4 to see if its linked ( or to link it on test if not ).

The one thing you need to learn is that 99% of electricians have no idea about how to wire up boiler controls.

About 90% of RGIs do know how to wire up boilers. It always surprises me that 100% dont seem to know that.

If you dont have basic electrical/electronics knowledge then you have no chance of identifying any boiler faults.

Tony
Yes it's more than occured they may have stitched me .. lol
Yes ive been fitting gas unregistered for the last 3 years it's a requirement in the modern day that a gas installer gains a minimum of 80 hours on-site with a registered installer (ive got 3 years worth plus many more with my father). Am I qualified to fit this boiler ? YES whats your point ? Do I wire boilers??? No as my contractor uses registered electricians for the task.. Do I watch and learn ?? Avidly ..
Ive already stated I will look at the 3-4 bridge in the morning so how am I reluctant ?
Tony I will argue the toss with you day and night mate over controls or who knows what.. The fact remains your initial reply was unhelpful obnoxious chaff. If you didn't have a clue leave it to the guys that did. :)

If you didn't have a clue leave it to the guys that did. :)

Your previous experience seems to have taught you to be argumentative.

You probably dont realise but that is one of the worst problems in the heating industry.

When you say things like that it makes me think that I should try to remember not to help you in the future.

Obviously you think that I have no idea at all about boilers but perhaps I should remind you that you had a very simple problem that you could not solve in 10 minutes!

You also seem to be working for some contractor doing social housing. That is the worst of the worst!

Tony

Your previous experience seems to have taught you to be argumentative.

You probably dont realise that is one of the worst problems in the heating industry.

When you say things like that it makes me think that I should try to remember not to help you in the future.

Obviously you think that I have no idea at all about boilers but perhaps I should remind you that you had a very simple problem that you could not solve in 10 minutes!

You also seem to be working for some contractor doing social housing. That is the worst of the worst!

Tony

Point me to when you helped please ..
As for argumentative yea i am it helps antagonistic people get there kicks.

As for your comment about social housing that just allays what sort of individual you are.

Tony I will argue with you until doomsday

Tony

Nor could you O wise one

Joe sussed it in an instant now that's experience perhaps you should have spent less time antagonizing people on forums and got some work in ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back