Vailant ecoTec boiler periodically fires up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a new boiler Valiant boiler ecoTec 24 installed. What I find puzzling is that when I enable the heating from the boiler control, l the boiler fires up periodically with the anti cycle icon on even though the room thermostat unit is set not to switch the boiler on. With the older boilers, it only fires up when it is told to do so via the room temperature unit. Therefore the question is, is this fault on the on the boiler

Thanks in advance.
Howard.

Sponsored Links
By Vaillant 24kw I presume it's an Ecotec Pro.
Anti cycle symbol?...you'd be better looking at the s codes to see what the boiler is actually doing, these will tell you the boiler state ie, purge, ignition, lit, pump over run etc

Regards U6

Hello U6,
Yes indeed it is an ecoTec pro boiler. I did the following test:

First I switch off the room thermostats so that it does not switch the heater on. Then I enable the heating on the boiler unit. It fired up showing code S.02, S.03 and S.04 then it went to S.07 with the egg timer symbol showing. After a while it then goes to S.97 (water pressure sensor test running, heating demands blocked).
Finally it goes quiet for a few seconds then it goes through the cycle again S.02, S.03, S.04 etc.
Therefore what I would like to know is this normal? I am worry that it is burning gas unnecessarily increasing my bills even though I have switched the heating off at the room thermostats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back