Vailant EcoTec pro 28 locks out ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could somebody help please? vailant boiler locks out when the cover is on. if the cover is taken off then the boiler works fine. what could it be? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a gas combustion related fault and we dont give on DIY gas boiler repairs here.

In fact you should not have opened to cover.

The advice is to get a competent registered engineer.

Tony

I am regestered, but not enough experece. it is condencing boiler. could somebody tell why boiler works fine when i let a bit of air by opening a cover?

If you are registered, then get on the CC for more detailed advice.

If you're not, get a RGI fast as it sounds like you have poc mixing with your air intake - ID situation :!:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I found the problem. flue was not blocked, but for some reason it was nocked out, so combustion products was coming back to the boiler instead of the fresh air.

So have you applied for access to the CC so that we can rest assured that you really are registered?

There you can ask basic questions and you will be helped and not made fun of, well not often anyway.

They mostly think they are a nice bunch but they are not very sociable and dont want to meet each other.

Tony

System flush, cleaner and inhibitor, schale reducer are included. No VAT. But thanks for replay anyway.

Just some time ago I needed Vaillant codes and now just put it on my web + did put it here because remembered that i have an acount :) Did not use it for a long time at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back