Vaillant boiler - does this look right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My landlady got a boiler installed a while back and there was a problem with it. A technician explained that it was the most basic ever of problems and fixed it in 10 seconds.

I'm worried that the problem may have recurred - here are some pictures of the display. Can any of you fine technological folk tell if there's a problem with it?

*The gauge on the right seems to be quite low - my friend tells me the radiator in the bathroom upstairs is not working... and suspects this means that the pressure is slowly going down

I think this is what happened before - do you know of any way to give it a boost? The engineer was able to last time, I just can't remember what it was that he did.*

many many thanks!!!!

image00001at5.jpg

image00002lt9.jpg

image00003zu3.jpg

image00004nd8.jpg

Sponsored Links
nice pics but they really dont tell very much other than there a central heating demand and the temperature in the system is 51 degrees.
What was the original problem and why do you think its happening again.

Pressure looks a bit low. Press the - button to see what the pressure is.

why is it showing hot water and heating.aint they demand signs

Its a system boiler.

Sponsored Links
The gauge is pretty inaccurate on these for a pressure reading :rolleyes:

Why is is a system boiler Scat?

Could be a combi, on hot water demand the tap symbol comes on and the rad stays there as well.

Could be a combi, on hot water demand the tap symbol comes on and the rad stays there as well.

Don't they both come on with a demand on the system version?

If there is demand for DHW and also CH both symbols will show on the combi.

Your right, the pressure be an acceptable 1 bar and the pointer will be near the light grey area.

Don't they both come on with a demand on the system version?

If the HW stat is turned up on the system boiler, the tap will appear even tough it is doing absolutely nothing.

On a system boiler the DHW stat should always be left fully off, unless you are using the Unistor and VR65.

cheers for the replies, you guys rock!

What was the original problem and why do you think its happening again.

mate, I'm such a muppet with this sort of thing, but the pointer on the gauge slipped below the 'grey' section. So I think the pressure went. The technician just tinkered with it for a second and *hey presto* it was sorted. Sorry to be so painfully vague.

my house mate had a shower at 7 and it wasn't all that hot, though the boiler had been on since 5, so he thought there may be something wrong :cry:

Is this a combi, 800 series, or a system boiler, 600 series with a hw cylinder?

Is this a combi, 800 series, or a system boiler, 600 series with a hw cylinder?

it doesn't say on the front, I'll try and find out.

thanks for the replies, I appreciate this a great deal

I'll send a book on cage fighting to the geezer who cracks it lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back