Vaillant boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI any body with knowledge on the vaillant eco tech 832 condensing boiler
as mine over the last 3 weeks is failing to deliver hot water, the boiler continually shuts down and restarts when in heating and whenever demand for hot water is required, used sentinel x400, DS 40 by Fernox in a hope that cleaning the boiler would help, but to no avail :eek:

Sponsored Links
is that an 832 exclusive or an 831 ??
are you getting any fault error codes?

if it is an 832 exclusive surely it's still under warranty?
if its an 831 then i would look at the auto air vent being blocked or screwed down still.

Sponsored Links
is that an 832 exclusive or an 831 ??
are you getting any fault error codes?

must be the 831 then as it's 4 years old error codes when it shuts down are S97 then S98 which denote a blockage somewhere ! but your guess is as good as mine it must be the cleanest system on the planet with the amount of chemicals i've shoved in it :D

if its an 831 then i would look at the auto air vent being blocked or screwed down still.

auto air vent ? is that the black exhaust looking thing behind the front cover

Does the place get warm?

the radiators do get warm but the boiler stops and re-fires periodically,
i've taken the diverter valve off and looked at that but it seems pretty clear to me also that is where the noises are coming from when it starts to re-fire it sounds like a grating skidding sound :(

sounds like its not circulating properly. Probably your chemicals has loosened loads of muck which is probably now stuck in the return filter which is located in the left hand hydroblock, behind the low water pressure switch. can be a pain to get out.

sounds like its not circulating properly. Probably your chemicals has loosened loads of muck which is probably now stuck in the return filter which is located in the left hand hydroblock, behind the low water pressure switch. can be a pain to get out.

thanks micky, are these the pipes coming off the main burner ? incidentally there has been a hell of a lot of crap removed from the system i've also put a magnaflow on the return pipe work just before it returns to the boiler, had the small exchanger off (looks a bit like a large kipper tin) that was clear and clean, the rads are all red hot now but still intermitttent hot water around a half a bucket

thanks micky, are these the pipes coming off the main burner ? incidentally there has been a hell of a lot of crap removed from the system i've also put a magnaflow on the return pipe work just before it returns to the boiler, had the small exchanger off (looks a bit like a large kipper tin) that was clear and clean, the rads are all red hot now but still intermitttent hot water around a half a bucket

Still no joy, i have noticed that the boiler runs longer when the front cover is off and the control panel is down, as soon as i put the panel up and refit the front cover it swithces on and off every 30 seconds or so, cover off and it runs for a good 7 or 8 mins before restarting sometimes longer, bit of a bloody headache now, looks like i'm gonna get ripped off by BG if i cant sort it by thurs eve :cry:

Still no joy, i have noticed that the boiler runs longer when the front cover is off and the control panel is down, as soon as i put the panel up and refit the front cover it swithces on and off every 30 seconds or so, cover off and it runs for a good 7 or 8 mins before restarting sometimes longer, bit of a bloody headache now, looks like i'm gonna get ripped off by BG if i cant sort it by thurs eve :cry:

oh by the way i removed the water pressure valve and took the filter out and it was clear as a bell, unless that's the wrong filter lol

Not another exclusive faulting to not heat a home properly :rolleyes:

There is a problem with these, when will it be admitted :mad:

auto air vent ? is that the black exhaust looking thing behind the front cover

Hi kevin i think i've found the auto air vent, on top of the pump at the back, pulled the retaining clip and oh **** hehe dropped the dust cap down the back of the DHW exchanger so i've got another air vent on order bloody boiler :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back