Vaillant combi - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our hot water stopped working just before christmas, typical! :mad: Thing is, the central heating still seems to work perfectly and as far as I can tell the boiler is giving normal status codes on the display.

I've spoken to some plumbers who are sucking their teeth about coming out due to the time of year etc. I've tried putting the water pressure up to 1.5bar as I did notice it had dropped below 1bar. Some plumbers I've spoken to have mentioned it may be a problem with the diverter valve, anybody got any ideas on other possible causes? I'm not comfortable at all working on boilers.

Thanks for any help, and merry christmas everyone :LOL:

Sponsored Links
shaamone said:
I've spoken to some plumbers who are sucking their teeth about coming out due to the time of year etc.

Yeh, this is the season to be merry and spend the hard-earned cash. Basically, it'll cost you and no doubt same again next xmas! We love combis and hate those old fashioned immersion heaters.

Poo.. :( Going to have a go at cleaning the diverter valve. Would removing it for cleaning be a big job?

Sponsored Links
:D u have a merry christmas cleaning that valve then, still wont work without the new diaphramme your gona need to go in it

Think I'm outta my depth.. Best calling a tooth sucking plumber then?

Better to call a heating engineer who knows how your boiler functions!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back