Vaillant Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Vaillant Combi VCW GB240h its about 12 - 15 yrs old.The problem is the boiler loses pressure over time ( about 7 - 10 days at the moment ) this has always been a problem since it was installed but it used to be every couple of months between top ups.The only part i have ever replaced is the Auto Air Vent which is now leaking a small amount of water,could this be the problem ?Also the hot water takes ages to get to
temperature and once recently turned brown out of the tap.Due to the age of the boiler and the cost of parts and labour would it be better to fit a new boiler as i have seen the Ravenheat combi for £379 (are they any good)or do the Vaillant boilers have a longer lifespan than 12/15 years in which case it might be worth spending some money on it.Any advice would be welcome.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
These boilers were built to work. What your boiler needs is a proper service and not replaced.

Expect your boiler to last another 10 years. Its older brother still chugging away at well over 25 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back