Vaillant condensate pot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant ecoTec plus 824 condensate pot leaked all over the floor this morning. It turned out it was not properly fitted at the last service a few months ago.

Problem is no matter how I try I can't get it to latch in fully and it justs keeps dropping out.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue with Vaillants?

(It's currently wedged in position with a piece of wood!)

Sponsored Links
Easiest way is bit of silicone grease (not washing up liquid or butter) take the front case off, one Hand on the top inside, push the pot up, twist it slowly till you feel it engage and push up fully, hence the need to have your hand on the top inside the boiler to stop it pushing the retainer out of the clips.

Don't be scared of giving it a good ole push, your feel it when it makes its way home.

Hi, the part should fit in like a light bulb, push it up and quarter turn, if its tight then some Vaseline smeared on seal may help ease.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Easiest way is bit of silicone grease (not washing up liquid or butter) take the front case off, one Hand on the top inside, push the pot up, twist it slowly till you feel it engage and push up fully, hence the need to have your hand on the top inside the boiler to stop it pushing the retainer out of the clips.

Isn't the front case also the combustion chamber cover which we dont advise a DIYer to open?

My advice would be safety based and to call back the firm that did the service for them to refit it correctly!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back