1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Vaillant Eco-Tec+ 824 F75 Fault.

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Onyeredson, 1 Oct 2012.

1. Onyeredson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi! I have this F75 problem, so far replaced pressure valve and have in my Mitt a Water Pressure Sensor. Ha! Ha! I hear you all, Yes I tried removing it carefully and got a face full of Water plus inhibitor. Please can anyone help? The water pressure was up and down like a YoYo, Im not so sure it is the Sensor but as I have a genuine replacement might as well fit it without getting a soaking What do I do other than turn all the water off.Sorted I have read the manual 3 times and there is nothing to show the removal or installation of the sensor. I am not an idiot as someone seems to think? I as that person to pick up or read the online version of the Vaillant Manual and then apologise.
    I logically thought out this situation, removed the option of a soaking by draining the system completely and installing the little blighter plus inhibitor.
    Good luck all of you who use this site As my 1st request was treated with contempt. You know who you are!

2. dreadnoughtheating

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. Andygasman2010

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It could be the sensor but you might want to recharge the expansion vessel too.

4. Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the original is pink and the replacement is black then they are less prone to problems.

But on that boiler the front case is the outer combustion chamber cover and we do not recommend that any DIYer removes it!

A job for an RGI

Tony

5. DerbyRam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just had the F75 fault on my Ecotec 28. It was failing to fire up on demand although the pressures on the gauges were good I found it needed a few seconds 'boost' via the filling loop to coax it into action.

This gradually worsened until it needed boosting almost to the red sector on the gauge before it would work - then on running the pressure would rise into the red sector.

After an initial 'look' at the pressure sensor switch during which I got a bit damp I decided to risk £26 at Plumb Centre and change it.

The manual doesn't give any indication that I could find about how to drain the boiler itself so I isolated the c/h and input valves and operated the pressure relief device via the little tag.

That dropped the pressure to zero so I pinged the little 'U' clip out and removed the sensor. Teased the wiring plug out with a tiny screwdriver, pushed the new switch in and replaced the clip and wiring plug. Opened the valves and set the pressure and fired it up (I'd already done the suggested checks on the expansion vessel and that looked sound).

Bingo, back to auto heating and toasty radiator socks in the morning :)

6. LeeC

Thanks Received:
    Gibraltar
    Fantastic, now go and order a new prv for when the one fitted starts dripping! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DerbyRam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's being monitored :)

A little tap labelled 'boiler drain' wouldn't be beyond the whit of the makers surely?

8. LeeC

Thanks Received:
    Gibraltar
    It's there, right underneath on the brass boiler tails.