Vaillant eco tec screen goes blank then resets after turning off for 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a Vaillant eco tec pro 28.
Had an issue about a week ago when screen went blank.
I checked 3 amp fuse at switch.
That’s ok.
I checked internal fuse and used a multi meter to check connections. All seems good.
After leaving off for 15 minutes or so I tried again and the boiler screen came on and the boiler tried to go through its preignition but shut off after 20 seconds or so.
I noted some crustacean on the AAV which is above the pump, so I thought to check the pump.
I vented the pump. A fair amount of water was coming out . I rotated the shaft which was easy to do. The shaft could also be pushed in very slightly and on release comes back.
I then re pressured slightly.
Tried boiler but screen went blank again then waited 5 minutes and tried again and it worked till today when I have the same issue again.
This time no success at relighting.
Has anyone seen this before please.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.
I was hoping for a cunning fix.
I have managed to get it going though it might be a coincidence.
When the boiler started making noises, I vented the pump , just slightly. Fan kicked in, pump was sounding , and ignition occurred.
I have a refurbished pcb on order though I won’t get here till after new year so hoping it will last until then
The place for PCB s seems to be Newcastle , on my search engine anyway.!

Sponsored Links
Boiler failed again.
I have received a pcb in the post, I have installed it and I’m hoping for the best.
On the pcb install videos I watched, the symptoms were the same as I was having.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back