Vaillant Eco Tec Startup Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Eco Tec 824 is only days old, but exhibits a very loud vibration (flame ignition noise?) only when it fires up. It lasts for about 5/6 seconds and only seems to happen after it has cooled (say 60 secs from previous ignition.). My corgi installer is puzzled but has no solution . . anyone help please? Thanks Pete

Sponsored Links
Does it do this only when on full output?

If so sounds like crud in the HE. Did he powerflush the system properly?

Isolate heating from boiler then turn on filling loop whilst draining from the return drain off on the boiler and see what comes out.

Repeat several times.

if this has the same gas valve as in the glowworms then it needs the installer to adjust the gas valve. Had this on a 38cxi. it was the minimum rate that needs adjusting.

Thanks for the comments . . Not quite sure what you mean by 'full output' yes the whole system was powerflushed, but I'll try your filling loop suggestion.

Also thanks for the gas valve comment. I'll ask the installer to adjust the gas valve. I must say that when I eventually got to speak to someone in 'technical' at Vaillant, he said it sounder like the gas settings.

Thanks very much . . Peter

Sponsored Links
Ecotec's have a different gas valve to the Glow worms. There is no minimum rate to set on an Ecotec 600 & 800 series, only the 400's.

Sorry, I've been a bit silly. The boiler is indeed a 428 (NOT an 824) so maybe the gas valve minimum setting matters.

Peter

In that case yes it does.

Max rate (P1) should be 9.0% CO2 case off and minimum rate (P2) is 8.8% CO2 case off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back