vaillant ecomax 828/2e forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have recently moved into a new house and have the above boiler. My problem is that I don't understand how to use the heating aspect of the boiler??
There does not appear to be any sort of timing method ie come on at 6am off at 7am etc. Have downloaded the user manual but states things like room thermostat etc, which we don't have.
The radiators themselves have the individual thermostatic valves but am still confused as to the workings.

Any help and advice would be very "warmly" received.

Tim.

Sponsored Links
A timer is an optional extra.

A proper professional would always fit one but a mean lardlord would leave it out!

Similarly a room thermostat is a requirement under the building regulations but often left out.

The stat can save about 15% of the gas costs but why should a landlord pay for a stat when it does not benefit him? Some landlords are incredibly mean !

Before buying or renting the property you should have been given a copy of the energy efficiency report! Failure to mprovide one can give rise to a hefty fine!

Tony

Thank very much for taking the time to reply guys.

Are we talking expensive? And can this be achieved wirelessly?

Just like to wake up in the winter with the heating already ticking over.

Thanks again.

Tim.

Sponsored Links
Thank very much for taking the time to reply guys.

Are we talking expensive? And can this be achieved wirelessly?

Just like to wake up in the winter with the heating already ticking over.

Thanks again.

Tim.

About £100 for wireless programmer,try the honeywell. plus fitting cost,s

Just to add to my problems, I think there is a problem with the inlet valve / ballcock on the toilet as it is making a loud noise after flushing and a small trickle of water can be seen running into the bowl afterwards.

It is fitted into a vanity unit and for the life of I cannot access it!!

ANY Advice PLEASE....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back