Vaillant ecotec 618 s30 error

Sponsored Links
All fully open but only one rad is slightly warm, the closest one to the cylinder

All fully open but only one rad is slightly warm, the closest one to the cylinder
Not what i asked. You need to remove the head on a failed one, and check if the pin moves freely by pushing down on the pin.

None of them are failed, they all worked last week, before I changed the water sensor. And hallway doesn't even have one and that's cold too. Plus all the pipes to the rads are cold.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Has it any resistance or “floppy “
Has it any resistance or “floppy “
If you have HW only selected and cylinderstat calling then there should be resistance when you pull the lever over, it should then return to its original position,if CH only selected and roomstat calling there should be no resistance while pulling the lever over, is this whats happening?.

With CH only selected, is the boiler actually firing up and is it then running continuously or cycling on/off, if firing continuously can you look at the flow/return temperatures, d.40&d.41.

It's firing up and staying on, pipes coming out of boiler are hot. I will check d40 and d41 when back home. Thank u

I doubt if its running at those sort of temperatures except its fired up just now, when up to temperature would expect something like 60/65c flowtemp and ~ 45/50C return temp. If you ran HW&CH together, do the rads get hot?.

No rads don't get hot at all apart from when I run ch only on d70 =2 and then the only rad that gets warm is the closest one to cylinder. That reading is when not firing btw. Do you want again when firing?

Your CH/roomstat should request the boiler to fire but post the readings anyway when boiler has been running for 30 minutes or more, sometime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back