Vaillant EcoTec Exclusive 832 water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SkypePhoto_20161109_211719.jpg
Hi Guys,
I have a leaking water pump, not much, a few drops every now and then. The pump itself looks very different from all pumps I have managed to find online and they do not match the part number printed on the original one (0020016531). Could someone give me an idea of where to find it and the rough price of it...

Sponsored Links
How were you able to see the pump leaking?

Tony

Hi Toni,

My local plumber took the front cover off to see where the water was coming from. Took the picture and now trying to find the part to estimate the cost of repair.

832??..would have thought boiler still under warranty..

Sponsored Links
Hi Steelmasons,
It was, up to the end of October :( And by the look of it it was probably leaking for quite a few weeks (there is a build up of the limescale) but the water started dripping from the corner of the boiler only yesterday. Bad luck I guess :(

Last edited:
Could someone give me an idea of where to find it and the rough price of it...
My local plumber took the front cover off to see where the water was coming from. Took the picture and now trying to find the part to estimate the cost of repair.
shouldn't be a problem for your plumber to find the cost / part number , he is doing the repair isn't he ?

Well, I wanted to see if I can get the part myself and pay for labour only. Or at least to get the idea of the price to be able to compare.

An update (for all of those who'll be searching for some information like I did and didn't get any helpful answers)

My leaking pump was replaced with a standard Grandfos water pump (part number 0020131637). This one can be easily found online, if needed.

You did not get as much info as you would have liked because we don't encourage DIY repairs where gas related aspects are involved!

A DIYer should not be opening the sealed front cover on your model.

Any boiler engineer will know how to identify and order the correct part.

Tony

Hi Tony,
With all due respect I was not trying to do any DIY, I was merely trying to find out the price of a spare part. When I have information I can make a decision whether to go for Vaillant repair or get the part and call out qualified engineer. I work hard and any saving makes huge difference for me.

Most engineers will not encourage you to buy the part.

Why do you think you are likely to make a saving that way?

Tony

Hey Bunny , Angel works hard for his money so don't upset him by explaining the pitfalls the boiler may suffer with regard to the pump that has been fitted..;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back