Vaillant EcoTec Exclusive 832 water pump

U have the wrong size pump in your boiler now, good luck !

Well, it was fitted by the Vaillant engineer and he brought the part himself. Are you saying I should call the company and question suitability of the pump?

Sponsored Links
Most engineers will not encourage you to buy the part.

Why do you think you are likely to make a saving that way?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Lets say I know that pump costs £300 and someone is offering to get it for me for £250 + the job. It would make me question the quality of the pump. I wouldn't want to be back to a leaking pump in 6 months. Equally if I know the price is £300 and then I get a quote for £350, why do I have to pay £50 extra?

In any case thank you for your time and have a good day.

Angel, if Bunnyman questions the sizing of the pump you had fitted, then the least you should do is phone Vaillant, explain the situation, and ask them to verify if your replacement pump is correct.

Maybe your Vaillant man just had this pump from another job so decided to load it onto you.

Bunnyman, would the tech dept be best to phone in this situation, as sometimes the person at the other end of the line isnt always that knowledgeable themselves?

Sponsored Links
angel_fab if you don't know what your buying then wouldn't it be a good idea to buy to the right part for the boiler , all the messing about to save a couple of quid and the hassle that happens when the wrong part is fitted . buy cheap pay twice comes to mind ;)

Angel, if Bunnyman questions the sizing of the pump you had fitted, then the least you should do is phone Vaillant, explain the situation, and ask them to verify if your replacement pump is correct.

Maybe your Vaillant man just had this pump from another job so decided to load it onto you.

Bunnyman, would the tech dept be best to phone in this situation, as sometimes the person at the other end of the line isnt always that knowledgeable themselves?

Thank you for your suggestion. That's exactly why I came to the forum, to get advice and support from knowledge pool of people.
I have checked the part number and it is listed as suitable for Exclusive 832 and 838. Any advice on what should have been installed would be much appreciated.

Thank you once again.

angel_fab if you don't know what your buying then wouldn't it be a good idea to buy to the right part for the boiler , all the messing about to save a couple of quid and the hassle that happens when the wrong part is fitted . buy cheap pay twice comes to mind ;)

AGAS, by the look of it Vaillant engineer didn't know what he was doing either.
On the other hand, where did you see I suggested I want it cheap? You just don't get my point.

AGAS, by the look of it Vaillant engineer didn't know what he was doing either.
On the other hand, where did you see I suggested I want it cheap? You just don't get my point.

Well, I wanted to see if I can get the part myself and pay for labour only. Or at least to get the idea of the price to be able to compare.

oh i do get it ;) .so why are you comparing prices of pumps , some people just worry about price of things and don't look at the bigger picture . if your vaillant engineer didn't know how to source a replacement and relying on you to source pump ( a wrong one at that ) , get another engineer ;) ,was he sent by vaillant themselves ? because if he was, he wouldn't be asking you too look for a pump or are you just looking to see if you can get a cheaper pump :whistle:;)

oh i do get it ;) .so why are you comparing prices of pumps , some people just worry about price of things and don't look at the bigger picture . if your vaillant engineer didn't know how to source a replacement and relying on you to source pump ( a wrong one at that ) , get another engineer ;) ,was he sent by vaillant themselves ? because if he was, he wouldn't be asking you too look for a pump or are you just looking to see if you can get a cheaper pump :whistle:;)

No, AGAS, you do have the wrong picture. No one was relying on me to get the part or asked me to get the pump. If you read my posts you will see that Vaillant engineer brought the part himself. And Yes, he was directly from the company itself. It was the best option.
I did ask the question to get information in order to, in the first place, make the correct decision when obtaining quotes and then yes, if possible to save some money by not overpaying. To buy cheap pump and not overpay are two completely different things and that's why I said you don't get my point.

Just a thought, was the "Vaillant Engineer" simply a local Vaillant approved installer, or did you contact Vaillant themselves for a fixed price repair?

If the former, then maybe you could have the wrong pump, if the latter, not very likely. At least, I would hope not.....

Just a thought, was the "Vaillant Engineer" simply a local Vaillant approved installer, or did you contact Vaillant themselves for a fixed price repair?

If the former, then maybe you could have the wrong pump, if the latter, not very likely. At least, I would hope not.....

It was on Fixed price repair plan directly from Vaillant...although I am worried now...

Thank you for your help SNES...

Then you should be ok.

Bunnyman, you're the expert here, surely Vaillant wouldn't fit the wrong pump?

I can't see the OP has done anything wrong here - some reassurance or support would be welcome!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back