Vaillant ecoTEC plus 837 after switching off and little tap on turning it back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have Vaillant ecoTEC plus 837 for over 4 years now never had any issues. yesterday I turned itself off, I was worried checked the fuse and changed it then a little tap on the front panel turned it on again. since then it happened twice and little tap turns it on again and working fine after that.
Any suggestions? worried don't want big repair bill.
thank you

Sponsored Links
At that age the boiler will just be about due a "Proper" service which requires the combustion door seal to be replaced if it hasnt already, My advice would be to call a gas safe registered engineer (explain the problem and ask for them to look at it and service it at the same time if possible) from their it would only take a few minutes for an engineer to diagnose if there was a loose wire or something more sinister like a PCB.

Due to the design of the boiler, you would be tampering with the room sealed chamber by taking the front off the boiler to get to the wiring, and as such I cant reccomend you doing that.

What you describe is certainly not a common fault so hopefully it would be a case of sorting a loose wire, and getting a good service to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back