Vaillant EcoTEC plus 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are moving to a new house that requires a new boiler (long story won't bore you). We cannot get proper quotes yet as not able to have anyone around to survey as not moved in!
We are considering getting the above vaillant boiler, early days but our initial thoughts are to this model (but may well change over time).

Would someone be able to suggest other options to compare with this model. Which Worcester Bosch or Broag models compete with it perhaps?

I have tried to avoid the "Which Boiler" question and tried to keep my question focussed and direct. So I hope no-one will start by asking me why we are thinking of this model at all ! Just after some alternate options around this level of expense/performance.

Thanks
Stephen

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant ecotec+ 600, 800 and 900 series are often spoken highly of.

I'll sidestep the question of which boiler is 'best'. BigBurner recommends Broag for everyone (regardless).

Hopefully David937 will read this - as you can possibly tell from his username, he is quite farmiliar with this boiler :)

are you sure you need such a big boiler? how big is the mansion?
the 937 is a storage combi unless you have a big room to put it i would suggest the 831 or 837 might be more suitable

give us more detail on the size of the property, how many bathrooms, how many teenagers (they use tons of hot water if they are female - none if they are male!!) :LOL: anything that may help us guide you to the best suitable boiler
stick with Vaillant you wont go wrong

are you sure you need such a big boiler? how big is the mansion?

You may be correct. Its a 4 bed detached, two baths. Two kids!
Could probably get away with the smaller model but we do have a large utility room there to put this in so that is not really a concern. And we would like sopare capacity if possible rather then push a machine to its limit. Esp as we may add another shower later on.

Sponsored Links
the 837 would be ok the main difference is the storage capacity for start up
the 937 sticks out a fair way off the wall but in a utility a washer or dryer would fit under nicely
look on Vaillant UK website for dimensions etc on the 2 and compare

the 837 would be ok the main difference is the storage capacity for start up
the 937 sticks out a fair way off the wall but in a utility a washer or dryer would fit under nicely
look on Vaillant UK website for dimensions etc on the 2 and compare
Yes indeed. The 837 seems a better option already! Its 400mm depth v 597mm on the 937 model. Same power but without that storage of hot water capacity which we could live without I think.

So its comparative models to this 837 that I am after, BROAG, Worcester?

Thanks
S

We had this boiler installed in October, so far we have been very impressed with it; brilliant hot water performance and very quiet operation.

I have a picture if you want to get an idea of the size of it, we have it in a bathroom cupboard.

In my opinion Worcester Bosch is overrated and I have heard that a Broag Remeha is not the same quality as a Vaillant.

We had to limit the hot water supply to the kitchen as it became too powerful for use in the kitchen.

We had this boiler installed in October, so far we have been very impressed with it; brilliant hot water performance and very quiet operation.

We had to limit the hot water supply to the kitchen as it became too powerful for use in the kitchen.

Sounds good. You do mean the 837?
Its 720mm H x 440W x 400Deep so I have a good idea on its size thanks.
May have to locate on first floor in a cupboard though dependent on flue options.

...In my opinion Worcester Bosch is overrated...

There's plenty of worse makes than Worcester. What I'm not sure of is whether aluminium heat exchangers are a proven technology, or whether time will show up problems.

I'm not a pro, just an experienced diyer.

Sounds good. You do mean the 837?
Its 720mm H x 440W x 400Deep so I have a good idea on its size thanks.
May have to locate on first floor in a cupboard though dependent on flue options.

We have the 937.

There's plenty of worse makes than Worcester. What I'm not sure of is whether aluminium heat exchangers are a proven technology, or whether time will show up problems.

I'm not a pro, just an experienced diyer.

Yes there are many worse such as Ideal and Ravenheat to name a few...

There are good boilers it is just that I find them overrated and people seem to think that there are the best boilers money can buy.

The CDI range is good but I would never recommend anything from the si or junior range, look at the Vaillant ecoTEC pro and then look at the Worcester equivalent which is the junior.

That said I do not think that Vaillant are the best either, as installers say on this forum Vaillant s the best main stream boiler but if you want the cream of the crop then ATAG is the way to go.

me and a mate put a 937 in an airing cupbord for an old girl. was explaining how she would have a lovely big airing cupboard once the powermax had gone, ended up we had to fit a stand off bracket as well, thing is enormous, bloody good boiler though

Thanks all and I realise that it is key to get a very good fitter to remove old unit and seal up old flue. Then install new one in a new location yet to be decided - as site survey needed.
Only thing - not totally sure how to get a very good fitter! Personal recommendation is one place to start.

I have a picture if you want to get an idea of the size of it, we have it in a bathroom cupboard.

David - in a bathroom cupboard? :eek: Really? Please post a picture.

I've got mine installed in the loft. Like you im very impressed with the hotwater performance eventhough im not charging the tanks. Im waiting to finish the bathroom before it turn that on. :LOL:

i know a lot of people on here dont like over sizing boilers, but i've not had any problems with my 937 in 3 bed semi. it is running unrated and currently feeding 7 radiators (although that is to be increased + ufh)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back