Vaillant Ecotec plus and low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have searched through the forum and have read all the advice. I get the F.22 message and the pressure is 0.6 and below. I have the silver braided hose type of boiler and while I see the advice on turning the valves, when I do this I get no rush of water and the pressure needle remains obstinately immobile. I am starting to wonder if the valves (only one has a handle on it) are the correct ones.
I switch number 1 and 2 on the picture as per the manual. Am I being a real numpty? As these are the only bits connected to the braid.
I have played around with closing off 3 as well as this seems to supply 1 but this makes no difference.

Any ideas/advice?

Sponsored Links
Open up 1 and 2 both should have grey handles on
3 will isolate mains water into the boiler so leave that open.

If you turn 1 and 2 on and it doesnt fill up then your valve or filling loop could be fault

From your picture it looks like 2 is shut and 3 is shut

open up 3 and leave open

With the valves in the position in your photo the sealed system should be filling I suspect a blockage or faulty DCV in the loop ;)

Sponsored Links
1 an 2 are the fillingloop connections,3 is the cold water inlet isolator.
the valves are in the open position when the slots in them are facing front to back.if you look on the wide part of the grey knob it will have closed written on it to show you which way is is when off.

Wow you guys are quick and admittedly know your stuff. Ever thought of writing manuals for Vaillant?

Unfortunately after following your advice (which was sort of what I was doing before), it looks like there is an actual fault somewhere in the pipe or the flow, as sadly, the much hoped for woosh of water and speedy rotation of the pressure needle failed to surface.

Cheers for the advice though.

They read the manuals but apparently dont see so many real boilers!

Its very common for the inside of the plastic knobs to fail to move the shaft.

So take the plastic off and operate it with an adjustable spanner.

If that does not work then ask me for the next move!

Tony Glazier

If you don't have water flowing through you're hot tap when right hand lever is in 'fill' mode then we can eliminate that lever as not being faulty. :mrgreen:

If that does not work then ask ME for the next move!

WOW.................must be satisfying being that good. :p.................i guess that statement suggests all other RGIs are inferior to you. :p .......a few on here would put you to shame in EVERY aspect of the plumbing/heating/gas trade...........you have a LOT to learn AGILE.

Hot water didn't come out when in fill mode as you suggested ironman - so lever function seems to be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back