Vaillant Montage: no CH and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have got some issue with my combi boiler.
After replacing radiators and half plumbing for them as the radiators needed to be relocated the central heating doe not work anymore. It has been drained, I believe completely, while the work was taking place. Now it just hums (water pump?)and does not light up. It has a timer next to it. Moreover, after switching off the timer it makes some weird noise in the boiler(like it is gurgling with water...). The pilot light is on and the pressure was in the green zone. The central heating was working fine previously.
Another issue is with the hot water. When I open the tap, the boiler switches on, but no warm water is coming, never mind the hot. No hot water was coming prior the work took place.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
An airlock maybe?

I think it might be inside the boiler if that is possible? I have seen smth similar to a bleeding valve.

Answer to the model is rather difficult. There is a booklet about it and it has model numbers of "Mag - Sine", but I could not find one on the boiler. Where should I look?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Must be a huge one with three piano key switches in the centre!

Tony

Must be a huge one with three piano key switches in the centre!

Tony

I might sound like a right idiot, but I can't see anything regarding the model.
I took a picture of the front panel if that's any of the help.

dlt10p.jpg

Have you drained the CH, cos the dial is on 0 Bar? Who did this work for you, they didn't refill the system. :eek:

Were they English?

How could you pay them and let them leave without the system working?

Tony

FYI, if you ever come back, your boiler is a Vaillant VCW.

Apart from the failure to refill the CH system and then turning the CH system on........doh :eek: you mentioned you have been without hot water for quite some time?

I guess the diverter valve is stuck feeding the CH system.

Here's the manual for you to have a read.

http://letsfixit.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/COMBICOMPACT-VCW-GB-221.pdf[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated for the manual. Is the worst outcome to replace the diverter if it's stuck?

I have done the work myself. The system has been drained to sort out a few leaking radiators. I should have left a notice next to the image. The system has been pressurized after I refitted radiators and drained again.

Thanks for the help. I will get back with the outcome;)

Hello again. So, refilled the boiler again. The same issue persists that when the CH is switched on the pump starts humming, but the boiler does not switch on... The same issue with the hot water the boiler turns on, but no hot water is appearing from the tap. The boiler has been refilled to 1.5 bar of pressure. Any ideas? By pure accident I found the model number written on some part under the pilot light...

Cheers.

Thank you for the help. All seems to be working. I have air vented the boiler. I drained probably 15ltr of water and it fired up after that.

I'll have a bath now :mrgreen:

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back