vaillant pro 28 boiler not responding to receiver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thermostat sends a message to the receiver to call for heat, the green led in the receiver comes on to send a message to the boiler to call for heat but the boiler is not responding? Does anyone know what may be wrong? The boiler still works and heats up when switched on manually but i can't programme it to work with the thermostat. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
90% chance the set has lost bonding. You can try to rebond following the procedure in the manual, but it is probably dead. Known drayton problem

Many thanks for your replies, I really appreciate your help.
It's a Salus - Model RT500RF
Do you think it's definitely a thermostat/receiver malfunction rather than a boiler malfunction? i wasn't sure because the receiver was communicating with the stat, as the green led lit up, requesting a call to heat from the boiler?
If so, Is it worth trying all the different jumper combinations, do you think it may help?

Sponsored Links
press the i button on the front of the boiler, if the display reads "s30" then there is no demand from the thermostat , this means although the green light is on its not communicating with the boiler.

if it is a stat problem, do you think it is repairable by trying the different jumper positions and changing the RF address codes or does the stat need replacing?

if the display reads s30 then the boiler is waiting for a signal from the thermostat/reciever, if the green light is showing on the reciever then the reciever is not sending a signal to the boiler...in other words the reciever is kaput.

change the whole thing for a honeywell,I am not a big fan of salus wireless stuff, although I have to say I do like their programmers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back