Vaillant Turbomax 242E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help..... a vaillant turbomax 242E, does not start for hot water only, but heating is no problem, any ideas and diagram.
Thanks
Kutaiba :?:

Sponsored Links
You seem to post about a lot of different makes of boiler!

I am surprised that you have not realised by now that the diverter valve has failed!

Tony

Agile said:
You seem to post about a lot of different makes of boiler!

I am surprised that you have not realised by now that the diverter valve has failed!

Tony

I did think of that but just to be sure... any idea of a part number? sure not to change the whole valve, but the diaphgram

I did think of that but just to be sure... any idea of a part number?
If you don't have the manual , should you be doing the job :eek: ?

sure not to change the whole valve, but the diaphgram
eh? WHat's that in English?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:

So, if I don't have the manual for every particular boiler........ ;)

email Vaillant, they will send you one.

ChrisR said:

sure not to change the whole valve, but the diaphgram
eh? WHat's that in English?

Sorry I meant Diaphragm in the diverter valve

To the others here, be aware that he often asks questions, very basic ones, about repairs to different makes of boilers, as if they were his own at home.

Its clear to me that he is engaged in boiler repairs although he know little about them and will not be CORGI registered.

Whilst I dont mind helping people starting out in the business, I do think that he should explain his position honestly and should be working towards getting properly qualified.

Tony

Agile said:
To the others here, be aware that he often asks questions, very basic ones, about repairs to different makes of boilers, as if they were his own at home.

Its clear to me that he is engaged in boiler repairs although he know little about them and will not be CORGI registered.

Whilst I dont mind helping people starting out in the business, I do think that he should explain his position honestly and should be working towards getting properly qualified.

Tony

Thanks for your comments, this is my second or third questions and I can't see any harm in shearing an idea with others as they say two heads better than one, if you can help now or in the future you more than welcome to do so and if not no need to disturb the friendly way of shearing ideas, the way to learn is to ask and ask and ask. I forgot to tell that I'm CORGI.

Well I am surprised to hear that you are registered.

If you privately email me with your CORGI number to the email address in my profile then I will become much more helpful to your questions.

You need to understand that I have to be very careful to avoid giving advice on gas related matters to non registered people in case it could be construed as encouraging them to do work that they are not competent to do.

Tony

Agile said:
Well I am surprised to hear that you are registered.

If you privately email me with your CORGI number to the email address in my profile then I will become much more helpful to your questions.

You need to understand that I have to be very careful to avoid giving advice on gas related matters to non registered people in case it could be construed as encouraging them to do work that they are not competent to do.

Tony

Thanks for your reply, but I don't know who are you or your email address, anyway, the job is done and as I thought it was the diaphragm which was only £3.27

Gasman1015 said:
So, if I don't have the manual for every particular boiler........

Then get one. As a relative newcomer it would be hopeless going blind into some boilers. "Competence" would be difficult!
It isn't hard to collect a set if you're corgi regd and anticipate working on boilers. About 2 Gbytes. I have most boilers covered, including all the turbomaxes, VCW's, T3...
A trade account with partscenter gives you access to all the parts lists online through their Identiffier.

ChrisR said:
Gasman1015 said:
So, if I don't have the manual for every particular boiler........

Then get one. As a relative newcomer it would be hopeless going blind into some boilers. "Competence" would be difficult!
It isn't hard to collect a set if you're corgi regd and anticipate working on boilers. About 2 Gbytes. I have most boilers covered, including all the turbomaxes, VCW's, T3...
A trade account with partscenter gives you access to all the parts lists online through their Identiffier.

Chris, the comment was tongue in cheek, because of your reply to the OP.

Manuals are difficult to come by, as they are to be left with the installation, my stock of originals were given to me by customers having replacement boilers. The internet has been a great help, if only more manufactures would list the older models.

I found Vaillant extremely helpful when I asked for a manual for a VCW 242e, even including a parts book of all models.

The majority of my work is installation, repairing on average 5 boilers per week, although I have been doing it for a long time.

Yes, I have an account with partscenter, identifier is useless, their old system was better.

Kutaiba, you click on my screen name when you see it listed in an index.

Alternatively if you put my name, Tony Glazier, in a search engine it is likely to come up with something you can use to contact me.

I do hope to hear from you soon otherwise I am sure that you can guess what I will be thinking! Malomb?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back