vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having some problems with my boiler since I have moved a radiator in my flat.

Since I have moved it I have not been getting any hot water from the boiler, also I can not find any way of refilling the radiator system?

I have no manual for the boiler and would like one if anyone knows where I can get one.

I'm not sure what other information to include, I've tried all the obvious things of looking for a tap on the underside. I tried turning 2 of the valves to open to try and refill but nothing happened.

Pressure bar is at 0 and screen reads F11, then goes away sometimes and the boiler seems normal, but I have had it symbol F11 and cut out before now.

Sponsored Links
I thought I should too, but I can't find it anywhere? Is it possible there are controls on the boiler to refill. I followed the pipes as far as I could looking for one of those.

Oh no he shouldn't, there are two taps under the boiler, but they're hard to see, I've got a pic somewhere.....

hunting....

Nope, so took this from the manual:
98107850.gif

You 'll have lost the little key shown, so you have to use a screwdriver or rad vent key, depending what it's got.

Sponsored Links
oh, I've tried exactly that before I saw the video but nothing happens. No water running sound or anything, what might be the problem?

Trying it again now just to make sure.

That was my first though too. Damn kinda wish I checked this before changing the radiator now.

I'll have to call a plumber for this I think, thanks for the advice anyway. Unless there are any other suggestions?

in case it helps..
47693195.jpg

warm the valves with a blowlamp and use a well-fitting screwdriver.
Slots going side to side, are open iirc.

I did get them to turn, but once turned nothing happens unlike in the video.

So is it possible they're broken inside?

Would fitting an external loop like the one shown above solve the problem?

Hi mate They usually block up on the silver braided hose inside the boiler prob best to get someone to do this for u, otherwise u can indeed fit the external filling loop as shown in the earlier picture

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back