Vaillant vcw 242 hot water lukewarm changing heat exch FIXED

Sponsored Links
I don't recall the need to remove the board when cutting the link.

@Namsag Managed to straighten the pin with thin long nose pliers and a lot of patience,I used to modify cct boards like these so have some experience of intricate work.(if only I had put the board back in as carefully as I straightened that pin I could have saved myself a lot of hassle. :oops: )

@ Gasguru.Probably did'nt need to remove the board in hindsight but did to improve access to the wire link.
I have updated my contacted details with my email address,might I be getting a delivery sometime ;)

Sponsored Links
GG, would you be able to send me this manual too, I'm having a similar problem but have not meddled with anything yet so the solution isn't the same :cry:

Lol, sorry,
- think I've boiled (sic) it down to the DHW heat exchanger anyway now, as I have two very hot pipes, one cold, and one kinda tepid, and the burner is firing as expected (intermittently whether the dhw stat is connected or not) - I have the original 18 part instructions for installation and service book here, but if the guide you have is more recent (than the early 90s!) and / or more info that would be useful. Thanks for your help anyway, S.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back