Vaillant VRT360 F Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive just had a 837 installed with a vrt360f, and i keep getting "RF err" intermittently displayed on the control. The odd thing is though, that i have whipped the front off of the receiver and the indicator LED's are correct, with a green LED being displayed, and the red led flashing when the control is used (even though the control says RF err). Once the RF err code is displayed on the vrt then the only way to fix it seems to be to take the vrt off of the wall, and go close the the receiver, then it will all work fine when put back on the wall for 12 hours + but at some stage revert to RF err.

What sort of range should i be get from the VRT? at the moment the controller is only about 4-5 meters away.

Sponsored Links
4-5 metres should be fine. Look in the manual and find the installer set up. There is a setting to test the rf connection over a set time period.

Can't remember what it is right now.

Failing that replace entire unit.

Thanks gas4you,

Well i did an RF test last night, and it wasn't showing any packets being received, though the receiver was flashing and the green led on the receiver was still green. So it looks like the receiver is getting messages from the controller, but the controller is not getting anything from the receiver.
Though why the receiver does not display a fault is anyones guess. I can make it display a fault if i move the controller far enough away though. Also if i move it to a different location it works fine on the RF test. So it looks as if everything is working as it should and that I am going to have to relocate the receiver in order to get everything to work correctly.

It didn't help that the sparky the plumber used to connect the receiver and power to the boiler put the receiver in the worst possible place. I have already moved it once, and thought all was well, but its now throwing this intermittent RF err.

Has he positioned it near any other live electrics etc that could cause interference?

Sponsored Links
Has he positioned it near any other live electrics etc that could cause interference?

The boiler is located in an outside toilet at the end of the kitchen, and the receiver was originally mounted to the left of the boiler, so that the boiler was between the controller and the receiver, as well as the living room and toilet wall. As this setup did not seem to work at all, i repositioned the receiver inside the kitchen, which is where i am now having this intermittent problem. Although i have changed nothing since my last test and the error has not reoccurred, so maybe it was some freak interference.

The receiver is not near any other electrics, and the only thing near the controller is one 2 gang light switch for the living room lights, though it is probably half a meter from it. Im now thinking I should have got the VRT360 instead of the wireless one, then there could be no problem!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back