Vaillant & Wilo Pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are now on our 5th pump on our Vaillant boiler in 4 years!
Is this a record. We have had to pay for 2 of them at £163 a go fitted and Vaillant does not want to know!!
We have just paid £188 to have the system treated with Sentinel anti-corrosion and scale products. The fitter actually drank the water it was so pure!
The whole system was new in 2007 and also had the proper products used - the stickers are on the boiler and it was a corgi registered fitter.
The pumps have all been fitted by Vaillant service engineers and now finally they are blaming the water quality!!!
I will never buy another Vaillant product in my life and I am spreading the word - their customer service is a joke!! Any ideas to help me please.........

Sponsored Links
you could always get the system proffessionally flushed out then you wont have to keep buying pumps. Oh hold on its got a sticker on the boiler, oh well I guess that prove they done a proper job :rolleyes:

Have they given you any evidence to suggest that the system water quality is at fault? Or have they just said this and you've accepted it? Yes, Vaillant customer service is rubbish, everybody knows this, but they do still make good boilers.

If the water quality really is an issue then it sounds like your system could do with a proper powerflush

The fitter actually drank the water it was so pure

B*ll*cks

What boiler, what system, what faults?

Is it the same repairman?

Why are Wilo pumps fitted (Vaillant ditched them 2 years ago)?

Sponsored Links
Like MickyG said, u probably need a proper powerflush, just dumping chemicals in wont help if theres already sludge/debris in the system, at the very least fit a Magnabooster on the return. Sludge sits at the bottom when the waters cold so u could drink it if your mental(or just topped it up from the cold main). Try draining a few rads when the systems up to temp and the sludge will probly be suspended, thats if its not bits of solder from over soldering joints.

The other possibility is that your house is massive and the pump is undersized, this I've seen before, but the pump usually gets very noisy before failure.
Or maybe the integral boiler bypass has been closed right down & theres a faulty valve on your system causing high resistance, thats unlikely but possible.
I've worked on many vaillants & they are probably the best boilers going.

I have never heard of this many pumps on boiler,its madness and there is definetly problem with your system

get it flushed properly and filter fitted to the return magnetite and sludge kill pumps and heat exchangers

Crap install on a dirty system....... let's blame the boiler.

Alright it may have had a wilo at first which had issues with dirty water yet the replacements would have been grundfos.for them to fail your water must be dirty.

Vails use grudfoss are you sure it's the pump?? Has the sensor for the pump been tested assuming boiler model? I know the modulating pumps on them rely on the sensor of you get crap in it then the pumps burn out or stop working correctly. Again assuming boiler model! Did have one pop on one in three weeks of fitting but all good now and fitted many with no issues.

I am with you guys this NEVER happens unless a dirty system are the pumps seizing if so prob overdose on the inhibitor if leaking then dirty system ! Your lucky it's a good company like Vaillant most of the others would have told u to f off before now! You may get one faulty pump u need to look at ur installer get it power flushed an a spirovent fitted ffs!

OP

Where were the water samples taken from and what colour were they?

Why were the pumps replaced?

The whole system was new in 2007 and also had the proper products used - the stickers are on the boiler and it was a corgi registered fitter.

Any ideas to help me please.........

One of the installers who visits this forum bought a package of about 20 bottles of inhibitor on Ebay.

They were all full and sealed. Funny thing is all the stickers were missing !!!

I wonder where those stickers had gone?

OP, why not take a sample of the water and send it to Fernox for analysis. By doing this, you can then either except system water is dirty or go back to Vaillant and challenege them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back