valiant combi boiler. not able to light pilot light

there aren't that many simple thanks on here.
Yes, I've noticed that.

Strange when you think that a dozen or so very experienced professionals are giving advice at their own expense (not free - time is money), saving the posters maybe £100 a go on average.

Like sharon here, what would she have had to pay to get someone out, just to top up the pressure - £50? I don't mind doing it, but a bit more appreciation wouldn't go amiss.

Sponsored Links
On behalf of Sharon I would like to present you with this

_1118337_bp_logo150.jpg

Seeing how you brought the topic up what do you feel about THIS Idea I had recently :?:

Bit OTT methinks, it took him 3hrs and 13 minutes to sort out. He is definetley slacking and not paying enough attention. ;)

Sponsored Links
Well I was doing other things as well during those 3 hours. Besides, Tony (Agile) identified the pressure issue right at the beginning but the poster didn't understand it.

I like your idea in principle, slug, but I can't see it working in practice since posters would generally ignore it. It's not just a question of the money, but also the hassle of setting up payments, etc.

It would be good if there were some mechanism (like premium rate phone lines?) whereby posters (putting questions) automatically contributed to a charitable fund, but it would have to apply to all competing sites I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back