valliant 242E hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok here goes,

Vallaint 242E vcw turn on water taps no hot water,wait a very long time and then hot water, I notice the servo that activate the DHW micro switch isnt moving but i can maually turn it by hand so it isnt stuck, could this be the water diver valve? Also if i manually activate the miicor switch it fires and hot water appears but then i can see the temp gauge risibg onthe unit and its starts to boil and will trip. I have ordered a diaprham repair kits just in case.

Also a few weeks back i noticed leak on the system I traced it to the airblled valve at the top of th heater so i screwed it tight(i know its not ment to be but the water keeps coming)

Any suggestion would be good,also can some one mail me the service manual for the same heater please! email in profile

Sponsored Links
if the boiler doesn't fire until you manually make the micro switch it is likely to be the diaphragm, this is not always easy to change but if you're fairly handy with a screwdriver you should be fine.

As for it overheating were you running the tap when you manually made the switch? If not there would be nowhere for the heat to go.

I would advise you to get a new auto air vent rather than just screwing it down tight it won't cost much.

It sounds as if the secondary heat exchanger may be blocked to cause the overheating.

Tony

well if i have teh shower on it over heats..I think it may be due to the new shower head as its a slow flow to save water...

Im still looking for a service manual if anyone has it.

Sponsored Links
Bloody agile again ignore that post about the dhw ht exch! If u have to manually lift the servo the diaphram in the water valves gone the reason it overheated when u lifted servo manually if the tap wasn't open at the same time there was nowhere for heat to go,, when u made switch manually without lifting the servo u were puttin boiler in heatinmode the key to this was the temp gauge risin as this does not register when unit is only doin hotwater

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back