Valliant Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My valliant boiler is coming up with a F.22 message. We have no heating or hot water.

We had a plumber come over and spent all morning on the boiler (to say that he could only temporarily fix the problem - but we would need to 'flush' the sytem out. Anyway, after he left the boiler ceased to work.

Any comments = would be gratefully received.

BW

Sponsored Links
Its a Vaillant 824 or 828 !

The code is for a lack of system water flow.

Its measured by the temperature sensors and they can give problem trips if they are a little off tolerance.

The earlier boilers were too sensitive and later PCB software has been modified we are told.

Officially the poor flow is caused by a blocked or weak pump, dirt or air or a blockage in the system.

What the actual cause is in your case is I dont know without being on site. Clearly the "plumber" you had there is rather less than competent! I would suggest you call a boiler engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back