Valliant Combi Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant Combination system. I have no hot water at the moment. The fault code is F 28. I was told this is lock out. But how do i come out of this. I switch it off and on. But the orange light does not come on. It Trys this 3 times automatically then back to F 28. I was told to put the pressure on 1.5. When i moved in 3 months ago the pressure was on 0. Has this damaged the system at all. ??????

Kind Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
What model is it? A Turbomax?

F28 points to no gas present, or at least the boiler thinks there is no gas or no ignition.

Nothing to do with system pressure.

Press the reset button under the display, the flame with the cross through it.

What orange light?

Sponsored Links
on the front of the system, it has three lights

Red
Orange or yellow
Green

I think the orange light is when the burner is on

This IS NOT an Ecotec Plus then. Sounds like a Turbomax
Edit; Sorry I forgot about the Ecotec Plus Pro, which this must be. I never fit these :rolleyes:

You need to check ignition electrodes/lead and spark generatot.

You could also check whether the plastic air intake pipe is still attached and in one piece as you could have had one with a faulty silicone seal that has gone and melted the air intake to nothing :eek:

Thank you for your help

how much do you think it would be if the ignition needed sorting out?

It all depends on what the problem is and how old the boiler really is.

It might still be under guarantee. OR if the seal has failed prematurely the manufacturers might fix it free because the seals were faulty.

The problem is that dodgey installers dont register boilers and if there is a parts recall it escapes the manufacturers.

You should check the paperwork to see if its under guarantee. Even if not a seals failure MIGHT still be covered.

Otherwise the manufacturers do a fixed price repair at about £190 or an independent might charge about £84 plus parts.

Tony

IF it was a burner seal failure then yes Vaillant would repair it FOC I think, but could also depend on whether you had it fully serviced after the first 12 months, as with the old seals they had to be replaced every 12 months as part of the standard service.

My suggestion of the seal going is an outside chance rather than a definate probablility.

How old is it? if within the 12 month warranty call Vaillant out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back