Valliant or Worcester?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to get British Gas to install a new boiler. I can't decide whether to go for a Valliant or a Worcester/Bosh. The price difference is only £100.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why BG?

They use the ecoTEC Pro which is the cheapest combi Vaillant can make, closest thing to a Glowworm.

Get a longer warranty and full manufacturer support from their own technicians rather than someone who was driving a bus 12 months ago, better installation and a superior ecoTEC+ from an independent installer.

Some independents can give you a 5yr parts and labour warranty.

Might be cheaper too.

Use a recommended local independent installer, they will almost certainly be cheaper and may even do a better job. Of the two, go for the Vaillant, approved installers will give you a five year warranty

Sponsored Links
The BG price is £2400 for Worcester and £2500 for a Valliant.

The price includes:

Power flush
Boiler
installation
Magnabooster for sludge
Wireless thermostat
10 year warranty for the boiler
2 year free HomeCare 200

Tell us about the 10 year warranty?

BG don't do extended warranties because they want your homecare money.

If you mean the 10yr heat exchanger warranty that is the part that usually lasts longest, and is standard with every Vaillant and Worcester.

The 10 year warranty is apparently is to gurantee that there will be parts available.

I know they want to have Homecare200 for actually fixing problems.

The 10 year warranty is apparently is to gurantee that there will be parts available.

I know they want to have Homecare200 for actually fixing problems.

BG have absolutely no control over the availability of parts unless they buy them in in bulk just in case, which would make no business sense. Sounds like marketing speel to me

That isn't a warranty then. Have you asked Vaillant or Worcester whether they will still have parts available in 10 yrs time? The manufacturers make much of their revenue from aftersales parts.

Have you asked to see other BG installations?
Have you checked that they will not send a subbie round to install it?
Have have you factored in the £200 you will have to pay BG in years 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5?

This raises their price to £3100 for a job an independent could do for (eg: £2200) less and supply a 5yr manufacturer parts & labour warranty. You would need a service every year (£350 over 4 yrs) to maintain the boiler.

Contrary to what the BG sales patter might have said, BG vans hold virtually no stock parts for these boilers. They have to come out, diagnose the fault correctly, and order the part for delivery to a post office. Two visits and two appointments off work for you. If they get the diagnosis wrong, it's three visits.

Vaillant and Worcester, on the other hand, carry nearly all parts on their dedicated vehicle. They both claim over 98% likelihood of fixing the boiler in one, usually next working day, visit.

Nothing is quite what it seems till you go into the detail.

Check out the difference between the ecoTEC pro and the ecoTEC+ on the web. One is designed with all the enhancements removed for the social housing market to be cheap as chips, the other is for domestic householders.

i get where your coming from but i don't mind the pro i have 1 in my own house and there realy ent that much differnce
and the other gd thing my m8 works 4 them so cheep parts, not that they r needed
out of my 9vaillants pro 28 and 2 937in the family i have replaced the diverter on 1
but the rubber hose was replaced on the erly boiler installed

i get where your coming from but i don't mind the pro i have 1 in my own house and there realy ent that much differnce
and the other gd thing my m8 works 4 them so cheep parts, not that they r needed
out of my 9vaillants pro 28 and 2 937in the family i have replaced the diverter on 1
but the rubber hose was replaced on the erly boiler installed

mate, do some of the keys on your computer not work??

ha ha, maybe it me thats too old! not sarky at all mate, at least you dont get the stroppy hump when people ask the question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back