Valliant system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope somebody can help. The boiler has stopped working, I don't even know which type of valliant it is and the landlord is away! I know it has a hot water tank so its not a combi. I also know the error number showing is F28. When I open the front panel there is a red and green light on. When I press the red it goes off and then the boiler tries to start, there are a series of clicks and then it goes off. Please help if you can I am cold!!

Sponsored Links
F28 is a flame failure. (failed to ignite)

about only thing you can check, is that you have gas, do you have a card meter, is there credit?

If a credit meter, check handle in on position.

Thanks for your quick reply ... no not a card meter and there isn't anything else in the flat with gas to check ... the landlord has only been away for a month so surely it can't be not paid the bill and been cut off ...

wierd ... there isn't a pilot light to light is there? I have looked but couldn't see anything remotely like it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back