Valliant Water problem's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i just moved in to my new home and it has a valliant combi. i dont know much about thingsl ike this but i been browsing frew the site and see some of you do ! LOL :D

Anyway the hot water ! well it gose cold if you turn the tap on quick. any tap in the house is the same. when it gets hot it gets very hot but only if you run the tap slowly.... if there is nothing i can do its not a mojor problem just waiting about 45 mins to fill my bath is becoming a nightmare.

Ps i dont know what model number it is .... i have looked but cant find it.
it has a little display (saying the time) and 4 green knobs from what i can see they are for,

1 - power 1/0
2 - Radiator Temp 1-9
3 - tap temp temp 1-9
4 - well i dont know ..... has 4 pics , flame/rad/tap/rad and tap

Any help would be Very greatfull (please dont forget im new to all this so saying "change this or that wont mean a thing to me lol"

Sponsored Links
the boiler is designed to deliver around 9 litres a minute at the tap if it is doing this and getting hot it is working ok

Sounds like a turbomax then.

If you have to turn the flow right down to get decent hot water then id imagine, assuming gas pressure is ok and pump is working correctly, that the hot water heat exchanger is either sludged or scaled up.

Unless the bath is enormous, it should fill up in under 10 minutes. If the water gets very hot with small flow and stays hot, my first guess would be lack of gas. Only way to find out is to do a gas rating.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a turbomax then.

If you have to turn the flow right down to get decent hot water then id imagine, assuming gas pressure is ok and pump is working correctly, that the hot water heat exchanger is either sludged or scaled up.

thanks for the reply. if then "Hot water exchanger" is scaled up how do it go about sorting it out ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless the bath is enormous, it should fill up in under 10 minutes. If the water gets very hot with small flow and stays hot, my first guess would be lack of gas. Only way to find out is to do a gas rating.

thanks you also. no the bath is just a normal size and i wish it would take 10 mins to fill lol, but your right its hot with a small flow then turn it on faster and it just gose cold... like Cold tap cold not even warm!!!
if it is that how would i go about getting "a gas rating " ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back