Valor Dream won't stay alight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Valor Dream gas fire that will not stay alight.I had this problem a couple of years ago and changed the Thermocouple/Pilot Assembly.It worked fine then but replaced with new again and still will not stay alight???. Excluding the possibility that the new Thermocouple/Pilot Assembly is also faulty could the fault lie elsewhere ????. Just to re-cap. The fire ignites ok and stays on whilst holding the slide down but goes off as soon as it is released.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ive tried new interrupter no joy...is it possible to over tighten this ??? haven't broke thread but put in gas valve before micro switch leads and had to take back out and put leads in first ?

Remove the slider link at the pivot "knurled scew" and try to light the fire by moving the pivot without the slider.Then see what happens. :?:

Sponsored Links
Look how your burner is attached to the "firebox" there is one screw each side.
On the fire box there are two holes,make sure the screws are in the upper holes,refit trim and try again,by the way is it a 740 or 741?

There are only one set of holes on the firebox.I've tried lifting the burner up slightly and it seems to work but then i can't switch it off .I'm not sure of the model number - is it on the fire anywhere ? - Thanks.

The model number should be on the data plate/sticker.Anyway it seems you are heading in the right direction,its a case of the control arm being to long or to short,you have got to fid the point were it will light and shut off.
The 740 is a deep inset the other is a shallow inset,it has burner fixing holes on the front and the inside edge of the firebox if it is this model make sure all four fixing points are used,

Yes doitall an A.S.D but i dont think that is the issue here.
But point taken. !:

Baxmax said:
Yes doitall an A.S.D but i dont think that is the issue here.
But point taken. !:

Must be worth checking for a blocked flue though.

just to be safe mind, don't suppose the fire has had a good service for a while if ever.

Is it a model 740FS inset live fire effect incorporating Fireslide control.....with a dream fascia :?: ....If it is ,I`ve got a new one sitting in my garage with a broken front surround , it`s going for spares .......I`m never going to fit it cuz I`m not corgi........and it didn`t fall off the back of a lorry :LOL: E mail in my profile if you want a genuine bargain ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back