Value in old 1930s clay tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a timber garage with roof constructed of what looks like 1930s clay tiles. The timber is in pretty bad shape so I plan to rebuild the garage, but will not be re-using the tiles from the roof.

So everyone I speak to thinks they are an expert and tell me that those tiles are valuable and that I should sell them. Of course thats where the advice stops.

If there are any experts out there I would love to know if there really is any value in these tiles (see picture) and ball park figure. I have approximately 250 of them. Also how would one go about selling them?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I have a timber garage with roof constructed of what looks like 1930s clay tiles. The timber is in pretty bad shape so I plan to rebuild the garage, but will not be re-using the tiles from the roof.

So everyone I speak to thinks they are an expert and tell me that those tiles are valuable and that I should sell them. Of course thats where the advice stops.

If there are any experts out there I would love to know if there really is any value in these tiles (see picture) and ball park figure. I have approximately 250 of them. Also how would one go about selling them?

Many thanks in advance.

There is no value in those - The welsh slate tiles are valuable - the others are not

Sponsored Links
Despite the deluded Antipodean - there is some value but only to someone who needs those unusual tiles and corresponding ridge tiles - I think your best bet would be SALVO website ( if it`s still going ) If you can find some I.D on the backs then you`ve a better chance ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back