Valve Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Having recently moved into a new house we noticed that almost all the radiators are missing the Thermostat valve head, and we have just broken one of them as well. Does anyone know where you can get these from, have been to the makers website and also the stockists locally mentioned there, have also searched online but am having no luck as we only need the head not the whole valve, hopefully that is the correct term, the picture shows the actually bit we need.
There is no visible part number, the top shows Danfoss Thermostat, around the rim is the number BS6284.
Thankyou for your help
sturgeon1.jpg
sturgeon2.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's all to do with mass production. Millions of valves are sold, almost no heads, therefore you might as well buy the lot, it won't make much difference.

I doubt whether they would sell you just the head, but you could try phoning Danfoss.
If you are up to it, change the trvs, should be able to pick them up for around £8 each :D

Sponsored Links
No chance of getting a head, those valves haven`t been made for 10 years plus.

I had the same issue. I contacted danfoss and got this really useful reply from Katie in sales. I can send you the relevant data sheet if you email me direct - cheers
postmanpat1973

Hi
The valve heads you have are either the RA-V or the RA-VL’s. Attached is a datasheet which will tell you the part numbers you need for replacement. This does depend on the diameter measurements. This is all explained in the datasheet.

You can purchase these products from your local Plumb Centre, Travis Perkins, Graham Builders Merchants, or Plumbing Trade Supplies.

Kind Regards
Danfoss Randall Ltd.
Company registration number: 2579403 (England)

I agree with postman pat. These trv heads are readily available as a spare from Danfoss or Suppliers.No need to change valves.

I dont think you have noticed that Pat has replied to a thread which is FIVE years old!

I realised it was an old post. But when I was surfing the net for a solution this post came up. So if anyone does similar in future, at least the thread draws to a useful conclusion.

The Danfoss model number for a replacement is 013G295000.
Hope this helps whoever comes across this very useful thread.
Oh and they seem to be readily available to.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back