Valve is Wrung

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been having problems with bleeding radiators from the day I moved into my new home. Firstly my bedroom radiator valve is wrung, this is because I was trying to bleed it as it is always freezing cold. Have I to replace this radiator or can I remove the valve some way.
Secondly I am always bleeding the radiators they never seem to stay hot. My living room radiator is warm at the top but cold at the bottom. Last year we fitted a very big radiator into our games room and this always needs bled. I am wondering is there a bigger problem somewhere. Lastly is the water heater anything to do with it as when this gets switched on I can hear it making this bubbling noise in the hot press making me think there is air trapped somewhere in the house.

Husband doesn't seem to worried about it but I frigging am when we are spending a fortune on oil.

Thanks
E

Sponsored Links
eimearm said:
Firstly my bedroom radiator valve is wrung, this is because I was trying to bleed it as it is always freezing cold. Have I to replace this radiator or can I remove the valve some way.
Could you describe the fault with the valve - I don't quite understand.

Secondly I am always bleeding the radiators they never seem to stay hot.
Almost certainly you have a system that is corroding from the inside, and is sludged up.

My living room radiator is warm at the top but cold at the bottom.
It has sludge at the bottom that's impeding the flow of water.

Last year we fitted a very big radiator into our games room and this always needs bled.
That's because it's made of steel and, being new, is corroding quickly. It's shameful that someone fitted a radiator and didn't clean out the system and add a chemical inhibitor.

I am wondering is there a bigger problem somewhere.
There is - the system needs a thorough flushing.

Lastly is the water heater anything to do with it as when this gets switched on I can hear it making this bubbling noise in the hot press making me think there is air trapped somewhere in the house.
The 'air' is one of the products of the corrosive process.

Husband doesn't seem to worried about it but I frigging am when we are spending a fortune on oil.
You'll end up spending another fortune on a new boiler and radiators if he doesn't have some preventative maintenance done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back