Vandal Scum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I currently don't live with my partner & she lives in the centre of town, where there are parking restrictions. When I stay with her over weekends, I have to park outside of the ringroad where there are no restrictions.

During the snow that fell over the pre-Christmas period, some complete idiot(s) decided to destroy my nearside wing mirror & dance about on the roof of my car while it was in it's usual parking spot, caving the roof in nicely.

I managed to source another mirror (electric, heated & with temperature sensor) from a breaker via fleabay (all fitted & working).

I also managed to push the roof out using my forearms from inside the car, however, I'm now left with various creases & marks across the roof.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to get these marks out - I know the headlining will have to come out.

Also, any sensible ideas on how to prevent this type of mindless s**t happening again? (I have some ideas already).

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
This has got to be one of the most difficult body repairs - at least to get it to any sort of reasonable standard.
It wouldn't be a job I'd personally undertake, but I might visit a body shop and say that I wasn't going through the insurance so how much for cash......or go the whole hog and claim on the insurance - most folks do!
Even removing the headlining on modern cars is a nightmare - it rarely goes back without sagging.
As to prevent it happening again, well, park somewhere safe or have a quality proximity alarm fitted that will blare if anyone rocks the car. It may or may not have some effect.
John :)

Unfortunately, the roof is to high up and to large a panel to fix easily.

Don't do anything in haste as it may end up looking worse.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

That's kind of what I thought & also the reason why I haven't rushed in and torn the headlining out.

For now I have taken to parking in a dead end with no footpath link, my reasoning being no A to B thoroughfare for drunk fools/kids.

It's further to walk, but worth it I hope. As long as I don't upset the local residents.

Why can't people just leave things alone?!

Back