1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

vauxhall Astra

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by rockdg, 15 Feb 2009.

1. rockdg

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    The boot on my vauxhall astra will not open. When using the electronic key to open all the doors, each one, front and back operate but the boot will still not open when you lift the handle. Can anyone help before i have to put the car into a garage. I can't find a release handle if it actually exists.

2. gregers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    try using the key,on some cars if you turn the lock on the rear hatch it stops the hatch from opening using the remote fob.

3. andy1020

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi,
    i'd crawl into my boot and take the panel off the inside of the boot and that should let you in at the lock mechanism from the inside to flip the lock open yourself. I've done this on lots of cars, can't guarntee will be ok for your astra..

4. m4lcy129051

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    [hi rock on your lock wich way is the slot for the key facing it should be acrose for central locking to open

5. KingboyD

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Astra H?? Post 2004?? If so then tilt rear seats forward and gain access to boot, in the center of the boot pannle there is a round gromit, remove this gromit and with a large flat head screw driver insert into the hole :eek: and turn :p boot should pop open!