Vauxhall Corsa Engine Tapped value noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought V Reg 44000 Miles, Vauxhall Corsa about a month before.
Now its making noise above the Engine, i took to 3-4 garages and evryone were like we dont wana touch V corsa 1 ltr 3 Cylinder Engine with 12 Value. as it has many problems in it.And the Engine is **** and had common problem with all engine.
Some of them said its Timed chain has to be replaced and some like engine.
I have check the pressure of the engine and its fine.
But the noise of the tapped value above the engine is terrible.
I am new in these country and i will really appreciate if anyone could suggest me what to do ?
Do you spend money on repairing the car or shall i get rid of it?

Sponsored Links
My girlfriend had a similar problem with her 1.0 Corsa earlier this year, several garages said it needed to be stripped down. However my girlfriend has her car serviced by someone who does it as a hobby, he took off the rocker cover and it turned out to be the timing chain mechanism that had worked loose. Part was tightened up and the noise went!

ch427 said:
timing chains are a common problem on these,worth checking the tensioner is doing its job
thx for the help and can u please guide me with any garrage that solve time chain problem.
as i am from cardiff too.

Sponsored Links
ch427 said:
only one ive heard good reports about is roath garage near roath park,number can be found in yellow pages
thanx mate
i have got another problem with the same car
my Engine management light is on when engine is running slow as engine speed increases it dis appears.
what do u suggest me too do
shall i get timed chain replaced or its best to sale the car.
its my first car i haven't got any car before.
i will really appreciate if u help me out as i am really confused what to do ?

stuartinlancashire said:
My girlfriend had a similar problem with her 1.0 Corsa earlier this year, several garages said it needed to be stripped down. However my girlfriend has her car serviced by someone who does it as a hobby, he took off the rocker cover and it turned out to be the timing chain mechanism that had worked loose. Part was tightened up and the noise went!
thx mate
did she had her engine management light on ? while this problem was there?
my management light goes as the engine speed increases.
can u please help me out with this

Managment light ? engine speed? seems to relate to the crank shalf postion sensor , or the campshaft position sensor, if there is difficulty starting then go for the crank shaft sensor first.

some cars dont carry a cam pos sensor.

Sponsored Links
Back