vauxhall meriva problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem.I have a 53 reg Meriva it has had its mot and has had its breaks done i have also had the electrics checked on a machine which shows no fault.When i pick up speed above 40 it judders and loses power none of the garages i have tried seem to know what it could be.

Sponsored Links
Its probably a spark plug or ignition coil breaking down under load. Trouble with garages nowadays is if their computer says the car is ok, then the car is ok!
I'd get the spark plugs changed and also the fuel filter and start from there

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help,its due a service so hopefully that might help.

Hi finally had enough put car in for service asked them to check fault.This was a vauxhall dealers they said it was the gears so they charged me £140 to fix the lever between 1+2 didn't think this was the problem but they were sure . Needless to say it is still doing it, do all garages stitch u up because i feel i have been.It's still loosing power and judering and cutting out going along the motorway it's driving me mad.

Hi finally had enough put car in for service asked them to check fault.This was a vauxhall dealers they said it was the gears so they charged me £140 to fix the lever between 1+2 didn't think this was the problem but they were sure . Needless to say it is still doing it, do all garages stitch u up because i feel i have been.It's still loosing power and judering and cutting out going along the motorway it's driving me mad.

That is shocking :eek:
Take it back and take them out for a drive in it

my sister had the same problem, loss of power and the engine cutting out whilst driving, and in the end got rid of the car, she bought it from a car warehouse type of place, and they could never fix it, my personal opinion is that they wouldnt pay for vauxhall to fix it, because it was an expensive job. she had trading standards involved too. but lost all faith and traded it in for something more reliable. the car even cut out as she drove into the garage when she was picking up the new car, Vauxhall dealer should be familiar with this problem, as i beleive its a common one, how often does it happen, if its regular, get the dealer to do a "LIVE" diagnostics test. ie drive the car whilst someone is looking at the live readout on a laptop.
Hope you get it sorted,

Sponsored Links
Back