Vauxhall/Opel carburettor, anybody?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have this Pierburg carburettor assy, almost new, and I wondered if anyone can identify it for me?
It has OPEL and 2E on it, and stamped on it are the numbers:
901 07515 5255
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pierburg 2E carb was fitted to Mk2 golfs too from around 1985- early 1990's, so thats the sort of age you should be looking at.

Nova or astra maybe?

Hi, Yes, someone else suggested Nova. I thought I'd sell it, but obviously need to identify it first. It's spotless, and looks unused except for slight marks where the air filter sits. Seems a shame to bin it.

Sponsored Links
The last Vauxhall I owned was a PA Cresta, back in the 70's, which dates me a bit! Coffee and Cream, big bench seats, column change, straight six....fabulous. 18mpg though........

nedflanders said:
The last Vauxhall I owned was a PA Cresta, back in the 70's, which dates me a bit! Coffee and Cream, big bench seats, column change, straight six....fabulous. 18mpg though........

Didn't matter much then Ned,fuel was only about 50p a GALLON!! None of them litres about then.I also liked the big sixes from Vauxhall,apart from banging my leg on the door aperture if I jumped in a bit quick.(Big wrap around windscreen caused it).Early Victors did it too. :eek:

Hi, yes2mud, I had one of those F model Victors, the estate, stacks of room in the back. Kneebashers, as you say. I was in the motor trade back then, and I used to buy cars from the local car auction, (Eastbourne), do 'em up and sell them. I paid £37 10 for that Cresta, and what a lovely thing it was.
Talking of 50p a gallon....at the time of the Suez crisis when petrol prices were starting to rocket, I remember saying that if it reached 50p (well, 10/- then), a gallon I'd stop driving!!!!!! Hah!! Those were the days...but don't get me started....

Hah,We have a lot in common,motor trade,supplementing income buying auction cars,foreigners,done all that. £37.10 for a Cresta? people would be surprised how good a motor you could buy for that sort of cash then. :) I wasn't driving when suez was on,the first fuel I bought was BP blend,the forerunner of 3 star,5/3d a gallon.(5 bob for staff)Anyway,as you say,don't lets get each other started. :LOL:
PS,don't junk that carb,someone will be glad of it!

Sponsored Links
Back