vented cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright so it would apear from the gospel, i am doomed to failure but does anyone know what the minimum height diferential should be between the water level in a cold water storage tank and the rising hot water suply from a vented hot water cylinder to maintain an adequate water presure to the taps??????

Sponsored Links
the relationship between the cylinder and header tank is insignificant.

The significant hight is the difference between the highest tap and the water level in the header tank.

Highest possible is enough.

i have known them to be jacked right upto a ceiling or roof. This seems to be plumbers done mainly to upset the poor plumber who comes round 10 years later to fix a fault.

The sameinstallation will undoubtedly not have a drain off on thecylinder and even if there isone it will be inaccessible for sure.

Alright so it would apear from the gospel, i am doomed to failure but does anyone know what the minimum height diferential should be between the water level in a cold water storage tank and the rising hot water suply from a vented hot water cylinder to maintain an adequate water presure to the taps??????

If you are in a bungalow or flat, I personally think and Unvented Cylinder is an excellent way to go if water pressure is high enough (around 3bar)!
I tried many times to increase the pressure on vented systems to little effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back