vented hot water clinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to conect up some solar hot water panels "which were here when i moved in but dissconnected" through a vented hot water cylinder. Prob is the main storage cylinder is presently fed by mains water although the mains presure is regulated down around 1 bar. This regulator on the mains feed can be turned down even lower so can I reduce the presure on that regulator then have the flow pass through my vented cylinder "solar cylinder", pass on to the main cylinder but add a vent pipe to the main cylinder which is the way the main cylinder used to be set up?????

Sponsored Links
I am trying to conect up some solar hot water panels "which were here when i moved in but dissconnected" through a vented hot water cylinder. Prob is the main storage cylinder is presently fed by mains water although the mains presure is regulated down around 1 bar. This regulator on the mains feed can be turned down even lower so can I reduce the presure on that regulator then have the flow pass through my vented cylinder "solar cylinder", pass on to the main cylinder but add a vent pipe to the main cylinder which is the way the main cylinder used to be set up?????

ever wondered why it was disconnected :cry:

Sponsored Links
From what the previous owner said, i was that they were disconnected because it was costing him two hunderd pounds each winter to have the system bled. this brought me to the conclusion that he had domestic water going directly htrough them instead of being indirectly fed through a separate cylinder!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back