Vented to Unvented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How difficult is it to change from a vented system to an unvented system. Also what are the costs involved. I an having a bathroom refurbed and someone suggested changing the gravity fed system that I have to an unvented one, as a second option instead of installing a pump with a mixer shower. is this a good option?

Sponsored Links
you will need to upgrade the mains from the stopcock to the cylinder up to 22mm, you will need to have the right incoming mains pressure(20 litres a min is a good guide), you will need to be able to route a safety discharge pipe, and the cylinders are not cheap, also will need to upgrade the electrics, impossible to price unless i was there

Thanks for the reply. just from what you have said it already sounds like a longwinded, expensive route to take.

Probably ball park cost about £2000 depending on what size cylinder you went for.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for the reply's. looks like an unvented system is out of the question however, what about a vented thermal store? Would it be a big problem if the feed was only 15mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back