Vented or Unvented??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time in the near future our old boiler will need replacing. Vented system. Am I looking at megabucks to change to an Unvented system. What are the deciding factors. 3 bed house, 1 bathroom with separate shower,3 persons.

Sponsored Links
more info needed to help you properly

what boiler do you currently have?
is the system a Y or S plan or a basic system?
is it a combi you have (unlikely as only a few were ever open vented)
do you want a tank or prefer a combi? (personally i would go for a unvented cylinder (possibly twin coil so you can add solar later) with a heat only boiler on a S plan or S plan+ (2 heating zones)

We presently have an outdated Glow-worm Fuelsaver F, Y Plan, Vented, but I think I would like to do away with both tanks in loft. Does this help? Looking at a similar thread, it could cost around £2000, so maybe not.

Sponsored Links
If you are leaning towards unvented or a combi, then the very first thing you need to do is to measure the incoming mains pressure, and the flow rate.
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back