ventilation requirements for conventional flue gas boiler

The basement is half under ground level and half above with the only low level area being where the entrance door is which is down some steps.i think it probably will be best to get someone in to do the work at least I will know it is correctly.

thanks for the replies

mark

Sponsored Links
That why you need a duct made up with high and low vents

I'm not experienced in commercial gas, is there a requirement to fit vents high and low for an open flued appliance?. From what I can make out its a standard ng boiler freestanding in a room.

ollski said:
I'm not experienced in commercial gas, is there a requirement to fit vents high and low for an open flued appliance?. From what I can make out its a standard ng boiler freestanding in a room.

Yes. Air vents provide combustion air and cooling air and are vital for the performance and safe operation of open flued appliances, They must etcetcetcetc

It's all in essential gas safety from the dogs home

Sponsored Links
I thought the current Commercial gas safety book at about £35 was the first offering for commercial?

Was there an earlier version?

Has anyone seen the latest commercial book? Is it really worth £35 ?

Tony Glazier

Cooling air in a basement why ? would u need to cool it if the window covering had that many holes in that has to be more than enough seems the engineer was looking for purpose made vents but in reallity 3 ft window coverd in steel would make more than enought air available wouldnt it measure each hole lol then x how many holes u got i cant read any regs that dont allow u to do them sums

Yes slogger air for cooling.

I don't make the regs, just follow them to the letter. ;) ;)

Normal practice is with louvre vents ( about the size of a standard door.)

Measure the size of the holes x the number is the excepted practice. and no you wouldn't get enough holes in a 3 ft sheet of steel.

of course u would get enought holes your just being a jobsworth and hail to u for that

new regs what happend to the old ones who moved the goal posts all of a sudden corgi?

if it aint broke dont fix it who said that i know doitall wouldnt as theres no cash in not fixing it oohh errr

Slogger said:
of course u would get enought holes your just being a jobsworth and hail to u for that

new regs what happend to the old ones who moved the goal posts all of a sudden corgi?

if it aint broke dont fix it who said that i know doitall wouldnt as theres no cash in not fixing it oohh errr

Manufacturers Requirements Slogger, If they want a 6ft square hole then thats what it gets or the boiler don't get turned on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back