Venting issue with no soffit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm converting my garage into a living room. BC say I need to vent to roof space at each end with a 25mm continuous vent or equivalent surface area. It'll need to go in the white fascia (pictured). As you can see there is no soffit so the vent will need to be vertical. This means that weatherproofing could be an issue.

So, do any of you wise people know what kind of vent I could use please?

Cheers!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Its hard to see what kind of flat roof that is, looks weird. Anyway if you are keeping the flat roof just use a solid 16mm or 18mm fascia board and screw a 25mm over fascia vent along the top of the fascia board. The welt/lap of the felt will keep it dry and you've got your ventilation.

Or if you are changing the roof for any reason just extend it to give you a little soffit

Hi Mw Roofline

Thanks. It'a box profile corrugated steel roof with a shallow pitch. Could I still try the same approach which you've suggested?

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back