Veritas 8 blowing 125mA fuse on mains in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I had an Omnicron alarm panel for about 20 years that died on me in March.
I searched for a replacement and came up with a Veritas 8 which looked like it would be a straight swap with my original cabled etc.
Bought it and fitted it at the beginning of April complete with a new strobe box.
All seemed well until it started bleeping on it's own and I found this 125mA fuse had blown.
Fitted a new one and all was well again.
It's just gone again, which is the third time since April.
I just spoke to tech support at Texecom and was told something is drawing too much current.
All that is on the panel are contacts on both doors and all windows, no PIR's or anything else.
I have a mains filter/spike box on the mains inlet so shouldn't be spikes.
Just wondering if anyone has come across this before or has any ideas what it might be?
By the way I'm not an electrician, I'm an audio visual engineer and I fitted my original alarm 20 years or more ago which worked faultlessly until it died.
Nothing else has been changed apart from the box and strobe box.
Any help most appreciated.
Thanks
Barry

Sponsored Links
How old is the battery ? It might be the battery has gone bad and the charger is putting more current into it than it should be.

I got a brand new battery because the one out of my old panel was quite a few years old

Sponsored Links
It's a brand new Texecom Premier Elite Odyssey 1 with it's own battery

Do you have a multimeter that does amps/ milliamperes ? If so connect inline with the battery and pull the mains fuse what's the system pulling in milliamperes ?

Do you have a multimeter that does amps/ milliamperes ? If so connect inline with the battery and pull the mains fuse what's the system pulling in milliamperes ?
60 mA. voltage across battery 13.7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back