Veritas alarm

Thankyou. I will have a look. I have located all the sensors and there is def no more, unless the internal sounder is counted as something on the panel boArd. Z1 is connectors on front door, z2 sensor on lounge wall, z3 sensor in kitchen, facing rear door, 4 sensor in bedroom Z5 ????? And zone 6 connectors on bathroom window. The only area that has no sensor is the hall, all that is in the hall, is front door (z1) and the internal sounder on ceiling. I'm completely baffled
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I've studied the photo and now understand (I think) what to do. Will go to the house in the morning and give it a go.
Fingers crossed !
Thank you so much

Thank you for all your help. I was unable to sort before I left for holiday. Will be back sept 15 and will resume trying to solve the problem. Could the engineer who fit this alarm, set a service reminder which then makes the alarm unsettable? I read somewhere that this could be done

Thanks

Yes service timer 3, can be used to lock the panel out until an engineer has reset it.
Cant think there is many that would do that mind and cant be certain without checking which variants that feature is available on.

1, 2 or 3, think 1 is a temporary reminder. another reminds you every time you set and unset or something and the 3rd effectively locks the panel up.

will check the manual for exact descriptions

Sponsored Links
Service timer 1 - Reminder turns chime on all 8 zones first time panel is set or unset.
Service timer 2 - Nuisance turns chime on all 8 zones every time panel is set or unset.
Service timer 3 - Lockout, turns off chime and requires engineer reset

defaulting the panel may be required if you cant access the engineers code and this feature is enabled, note if the engineers code is locked (I suspect it will be if they are using Lockout) defaulting will reset everything to factory defaults except the engineers code which mean the zones and part sets can not be reprogramed from there default values. Fire and PA zones will not work.

Uses a Service Timer without telling the customer, get him back and ask him where in the contract you signed that is mentioned. Get him to take it off.

Please keep us informed, that's a dirty trick that I wish the manufacturers would remove from their panels.

I agree completely but getting people back that work this way is usually difficult, I would contact CAB to get the correct kind of action to be taken if they don't want to play ball.

Thanks guys I will def look into it further when I get back from hols. The man who fit the alarm for the prev house owner wouldn't help with my initial phone enquiry, just said there would be a £60 call out charge!
I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all your valuable help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back